Monday, August 07, 2006

Chris Brogan

For "Your daily dose of Self-Improvement and Creativity" check out what Chris Brogan writes on his blog.

On his about page:
In July 2006, Chris teamed up with Christopher S. Penn and others including Bryan Person to create PodCamp, an unconference in the tradition of BarCamp, serving as a rallying point for podcasters, video bloggers, and other new media types.

Chris writes:

I’ve gotta define a little more discipline in my days. I find myself prey to the same distractions as all mortals. For one, I pick at my email account like it’s a scab. Leave it ALONE, man. I’ve gotta stop that. So, I’m trying to work out a process to manage this. Here’s what I’ve got in mind.

  • How much time do I have?
  • Divide time 1/3 sweep , 1/3 work, 1/3 post
  • Sweep- Read email, reply, move actions to To-Do
  • Work- Variable. Do what needs doing. Read actionable list.
  • Post- Save time to format for posts to various sites.

I think if I follow that very basic process, I’ll have better use of the time I’m scrounging for my projects.


Read his full psting here.

Add Chris's blog to your RSS Reader of choice.

Check out PodCamp Boston.


Technorati Tags : , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve:

Thanks for the link! Sure hoping you can make it to PodCamp on September 9-10.

Blog: Bryper.com
Podcast: NewCommRoad.com