Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Carpe Factum - Timothy Johnson

The trail takes us today to Timothy Johnson writing at Carpe Factum. Timothy says in his about page:

For anyone who is still interested in such things, I am certified in project management (PMP).

What drives me: Passion and Balance. Passion for what works. Passion for creativity. Passion for accomplishment. Passion for solid leadership. Balance among my family, my faith, and my career.

My aversions: Indecisive leadership. Inconsistent leadership. Absent leadership. Unrealistic demands. Absence of accountability. Passive-aggression.

Timothy says good things about Phil Gerbyshak's new book:
Phil holds your hand through the entire book, not in a condescending way, but in a tone that says, "Hey, I've been there; you've got a buddy for this journey."  He graciously and seamlessly balances anecdotal evidence, statistics, admissions of shortcomings, and thought-provoking action-oriented exercises throughout the pages.

Phil has earned a coveted spot in my "Should Be In Your Library" section.  Don't think of this as purchasing a book; view it as investing in your life.

Timothy is also starting a little contest:

we'll have a little contest here.  Post a comment telling me what you would name your project (current or past) and at least 1-2 sentences explaining why.  A week from now, I will select the most creative one (if I get enough, I'll select the top 2 or 3).  Each of the winners will receive a free autographed copy of Race Through The Forest.  I can't be the only one having all the creative fun on the blogosphere, so tell your friends and let's be goofy.

So if you have an interest in project management and/or want to participate in a contest, you should add Carpe Factum to your RSS Reader of choice.

 

Technorati Tags : , , , , , ,

Powered By Qumana

No comments: