Friday, June 08, 2007

Letter's from a Hill Farm

Nan writes:
Gladys Taber once wrote, " I suppose I am a sparrow, a stay-at-home bird." My children are grown, and my farm and garden beckon me to "stay, stay." This is my time to garden and read and bake and, so it seems, to blog. You are most welcome to come in my internet front door, and I look forward to your visits.
Provides a weather update:
Frost!

29ยบ. Ice on the car windshield. And not even a full moon. The tomatoes and basil are okay. We didn't cover last night, but Tom put the sprinkler on them early this morning, which is supposed to help. I don't think the ones nearer the house were hit, just those in the more exposed vegetable garden. This is the latest frost I remember.
Posts Today's poem by Billy Collins:
The Lanyard
by Billy Collins

The other day as I was ricocheting slowly
off the blue walls of this room,
bouncing from typewriter to piano,
from bookshelf to an envelope lying on the floor,
I found myself in the L section of the dictionary
where my eyes fell upon the word lanyard.
And today's fresh eggs a picture of 15 good looking fresh eggs. Then Nan lives on a farm, so they should be fresh!

Read more of Nan here. Add her to your RSS reader so you can get updates like these regularly.

No comments: