Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Letting me be ... random wondering and philosophy

ME Strauss writes at Letting me be ... random wondering and philosophy.  Today she writes:
When I was a child, even today, I could wish for a castle door. Open it and on the other side would be a whole new life. Castle doors paved the way to places where everything changed. I could make the world rearrange easily walking through such a door. The problem was that always the person who walked through was always me.

Read the full posting on The Castle Door.

In her about page she says:

I walk. I talk. I trip every now and then. Occasionally I fall down. I dance in elevators when no one is looking, but I will not run for a bus.

I can relate to that. As a commuter, I don't like to run through the train station to catch the train. Folks that do just look so odd.
 
She writes:
When a powerful, wonderful, engaging idea grabs a hold of my mind, my thinking alters. I start seeing colors and possibilities that are "this close" tangible. The conceptual chemistry is magical. Cell upon cell ignites, passing charges across my synapses. I don't see myself. I don't feel time passing. I am inside the idea. I am train of thought speeding to a destination.

Energy dispels any self-consciousness, as my eyes turn inward to visuals of what the idea is, how it works, watching it tick and move. It's not that different from a mother imagining a baby a few weeks into pregnancy. Yet it's different completely because my imagining becomes true.
Read the full posting on Setting My Feet to Run
 
 
Since you have read this far, ME Strauss must be appealing to you. Go ahead and add this site to your RSS Reader of choice. You'll be glad you did.
 
Then come back to the Hitchhiker Team and see what else we may have for you to read and explore.
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
Thank you.
I'm really honored that you noticed and also find your timing so bloggingly synchronistic. I just discrovered The Hitchhiker's Guide about 10 days ago. I had bookmarked the site to use it in my column for the D-Z list next week. :)

Isn't that just how blogging timing works?

Thank you again for noticing me.