Monday, October 16, 2006

Billy Blog - William Cohen

The trail continues to wander amongst some blogs found once I set up a Technorati search for "Dodge Poetry". This one, Billy Blog, by William Cohen covered the Poetry Bus Tour stop in NYC instead of going to the Dodge Festival.
 
He writes today of the quake in Hawaii where he has family.
Nonetheless, all is well with the BillyBlogMom on the Big Island. The quake was close. The epicenter as you can see was between Kona and Waimea. Between Waimea and Hilo, but closer to Waimea, near Honoka'a, is the small town of Pa'auilo, location of Pihanakalani Ranch, home to Mom, "Poppa" John Ferriera, and the "AFoJaS" (Animal Friends of Jolee and Shayna). Everyone is all right. No significant damage to the house, just some busted dishes, glasses, tchotchkes, and spoiled food. Maybe some minor repair needed on the fireplace.
They must be close to Rosa Say's home. She was also close to the epicenter. (I need to compare notes on the maps later).
 
In happier news, the Tigers are going to the World Series! They swept the Oakland A's, finishing them off Saturday night in dramatic fashion, when Magglio Ordonez crushed a walk-off, three-run homer, in the bottom of the 9th inning.
And because we are all so much more alike than not, he also recently got a BlackBerry (just like mine).
I have one of these now. It's the new Verizon BlackBerry 8703e. I received it Monday from work and I've already been told by the young 'uns that I use it too much.

Pray for me.
I will. I like the convenience but will not be a crackberry!
 
So if the mix of poetry, baseball and life in general appeals, you might consider adding BillyBlog to your RSS Reader of choice.
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! I will respond in kind when I next get the chance. Nice to know that in cyberspace, others can still hear you scream.

BillyBlog