Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kinetic Ideas: A Marketing Blog - Wendy Maynard, the Marketing Maven

From Wendy's About page:

What is a Maven? Well, the American Heritage Dictionary says a maven is: a person who has special knowledge or experience; an expert. Personally though, I prefer the definition found in the Princeton University’s WordNet: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field.

And although I could tell you these definitions are the reasons I decided to call myself the Marketing Maven, I think what it really boils down to is my childhood dream of being Wonder Woman. Since I couldn’t very well run around as an adult calling myself by a superhero name, I picked the next best thing - a semi-adult version if you will.

Average open rate of HTML and Text/HTML newsletters is 29.7% over the past 30 days.

Sunday generates the highest average open rate of 41.1%, followed by Saturday at 36.7% for newsletter sent date.

Make time in your schedule for marketing. If you don’t have enough time for this important function, then learn the power of “no.” Treat your marketing time as if it were time with your customers. In other words, it is a non-negotiable aspect of your week that you keep on your calendar.

Don’t break into this time to schedule customer activities. Instead, tell a new customer, “I’m sorry I can’t fit you into my schedule this week. However, I do have time next week (or next month).”

Don’t be frightened of saying “no.” Two things will happen as a part of this approach. The first is that you begin to create demand for your services or products.You reinforce that you are offering a high value to your customers. They will be willing to wait.

Read more of Wendy here!
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , ,
Powered By Qumana

No comments: