Friday, September 08, 2006

A Little Red Hen - Naomi

The trail today takes a turn amongst the blogroll of Ronni Bennett who you may know writes on elder blogging issues (amongst other things) at Time Goes By, where we find Naomi writing at A Little Red Hen.

Naomi writes about "peace, politics and yarnlife after 60". What a combo!

She writes:

But only momentarily! At the risk of enhancing a persona as glam New York City elder, I offer you my whizzing 70 minutes--three more and it would equal my age--with Sistah Craft, aka, Sahara Briscoe, designer of knit creations, thinker of ideas outside all boxes.

Read the full posting here.

She writes:
How about starting to knit again, Saz, my friend in blogland? Maybe a scarf for people in Mongolia where winter is very intense. Lots of people did it-- coast to coast, Canada, Australia. The Dulaan Project collected 12,085 handknits-- at least one item of clothing or a blanket went to more than 12,000 men, women, and children. A year's worth of knitting by many little red hens and a few roosters. Time to begin the 2007 accumulation.

Read the full post here.

She writes:
The final evening I displayed the four knit Condom Amulets I always carry, spoke about Safe Sex. The next morning Geri Valentine handed me two woven pieces that hung from her spinning wheel--one held her oil bottle-- and told me, "Add these to your Condom Amulet collection." I was very moved to receive them, my first gift of these magical objects to ward off evil. Always a timely matter, AIDS 2006, the 16th International Conference began in Toronto on August 13, as I spoke about HIV. Please listen/ look at this Time magazine photo essay. Six women and men talk about The Graying of AIDS--people just like us.

Read the full post here.

And after having enjoyed these posts, I think you might want to add A Little Red Hen to the RSS Reader of your choice to keep up with Naomi.


Technorati Tags : , , , , ,

No comments: