Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Moleskin - Kelsey Ruger

Think. Try. Teach

The Moleskin is my tiny corner of the web. It is a collection of creative work, thoughts and lessons that represent my thinking on my various areas of interest.

In his About section, he writes:

So what kind of name is the Moleskin? If you’re thinking that is a randomly selected name – it’s not. There really is a story behind the name. For years now I have kept a small notebook for jotting down notes, thoughts and sketches that pop into my head from time to time. There was even a point where I wrote a few poems in my notebook. Recently, I wanted to switch to a small less cumbersome book. That’s when I ran across a small black book called the Moleskine (pronounced Moleskina)

The Moleskine is the legendary notebook used by European artists and writers during the 19th and 20th centuries – from Ernest Hemingway to Vincent Van Gogh. A simple black rectangle with squared or lined pages, end leaves held by an elastic band , an inside pocket for loose sheets the Moleskine is handy tool for keeping up with your thoughts.

The Moleskine is bound in Moleskin (Get it?) which gives it its name. This pocket-sized book contained notes, stories, thoughts and impressions before they turned into the pages of books that have been read the world over. While I am not promising that things I write about on The Moleskin will ever end up in a book - it is a collection of creative work, thoughts and lessons that represent my thinking on my various areas of interest.

I happened to be hiking by when he posted on CSS

Back in the day when you needed inspiration for your site there were places like Cool Home Pages and How Design where you could see what and how other designers were doing things. With web standards and CSS becoming more the norm for building your site a lot of CSS galleries have emerged over the last year. One of the great things about the web standards movement is that alot more people are willing to share the work that they have done with CSS and XHTML. So if you are a designer or developer looking for inspiration for your latest project here is my (somewhat) definitive list of CSS galleries. Most of these galleries have some type of RSS feed, so you can keep track of them with your favorite RSS reader.

The hitchhiker trail leads me into the CSS galleries but you can read more of Kelsey here.


Technorati Tags : , , , ,

No comments: