Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Johnnie Moore's Weblog

Hiking along the trail, you may have been confused when reading something about Johnnie Moore who is not the John Moore (PDF) who writes at Brand Autopsy.

Johnnie writes at Johnnie Moore's Weblog

Both write about marketing.

Johnnie writes:
I work as a facilitator and consultant. I've a strong background in marketing and am interested in the human aspects of organisation. Some call what I do the "soft" skills... or the "touchy feely" stuff. I prefer to think I can combine a certain amount of business logic with an appreciation of the ability of humans to surprise and amaze us. I sum up the way I work as Authentic Facilitation - click the link for more about that.
Johnnie contributed a chapter to More Space.
Way too many organisational guides trade in complicated rules for dealing with uncertainty. None of them capture the real mystery of what it is to grow something new. It’s a bit like putting up an elaborate rococo trellis and not noticing that instead of a Russian vine, someone’s planted potatos.

In “Simple Ideas, Lightly Held” I suggest some simple practices that allow groups of people to make the most of a complex world, instead of making life, and organisations, complicated and rigid.

Read more of Johnnie Moore here.


Technorati Tags : , , , , ,

No comments: