Monday, June 11, 2007

freeyasoul adventure - Gabriel Lau

.... I've had the same jeans on for four days now, I’m gonna go to a disco in the middle of the town. Everybody’s dressing up I’m dressing down .....



When Gabriel isn't training for the next Action Asia triathlon, he is into wearing the same jeans.

Of course athletes need to eat, Gabriel shows us a nice Arabic restaurant
"Been somewhere exotic lately?" No, this is just a very authentic arabic cafe opened in the middle of Tsim Sha Tsui. As you probably know that I am fond of exotic cusine and have even famously cooked a middle eastern feast for 12 people all by myself in those days in England. There is a little Arabic grocery in the seedy district of Nottingham which equipped with all the strange spice I needed then. Back in Hong Kong, I have never found satisfying middle eastern food, the up market restaurants in Soho just doesn't really feel right. My shish kebab should be down to earth, straight forwardly delivered with a street food touch. That is before the arrival of Al Petra, opened by two Jordanian and cooked by a former five star hotel Jordanian chef. The tiny cafe occupied the last shop on a dead end street and the knock down front wall layout enhance the ambiance of a street cafe from Marrakesh.


Read more of his adventures at Al Petra

And if you like what you have heard and want an excuse to wear the same jeans for four days, add freeyasoul adventure to your RSS Reader and follow Gabriel's adventures!

No comments: