Tuesday, October 16, 2007

(Not) Your Average Joe

From Joe Weissbard writing at (Not) Your Average Joe

Even when I go out and run alone, I have a goal in mind before I even start. It may be a certain time or a certain terrain I want to conquer, but only I know what that is. When I achieve this goal, I am internally victorious and glorious.

I think you distance runners know exactly what I am talking about. Most people would not understand what I speak of. It is a self assurance that one can only get from not giving into the pain, from overcoming severe muscle aches, cramps and the feeling of your stomach and lungs collapsing.

Just know for the rest of your lives, you will take this work ethic with you. Every part of your life will be like a run. Sometimes you will feel like you are going to die and you cannot get over the hump. Other days you will be in the zone.

Read the remainder of the posting on Why do we run?

Joe writes on more than running from his base in El Paso, TX.

  • Basketball
  • Cross Country
  • Food and Drink
  • Football
  • Track
  • Weblogs
Consider adding this site to your RSS Reader.

No comments: