Friday, July 27, 2007

Sublimation

On the Billy Collins trail, I find this opening statement:

My about statement was here just a second ago. I don’t know where it could have wandered off to. It’s too big to hide under my header. I’m pretty sure it’s not curled up taking a nap somewhere in the archives.

No worries. I’m sure it will turn up.

Let’s just keep our eyes peeled, shall we?

For now let’s just say I’ve written lots of poems. Though publishing isn’t my focus, I have managed to publish some of them — a couple in fancy cool places but most in regional journals you wouldn’t have heard of. I’ve published less than some of you and more than some of you, neither of which matters.

I am going to start working on a big fat graduate degree in poetry this summer. Will it make my writing better? That remains to be seen. Does my pedigree really matter? Not really. Because it’s the writing that counts. It all comes back to that, doesn’t it.

Let’s also touch on this: Why I am not more serious here. Why I don’t have a buttoned up, straight-laced blog polished to a high sheen that illustrates what a level-headed and well-versed (pun intended) poet I am. The answer is simple: I don’t want a blog like that.

And her attempt at a paradelle

So go read more at Sublimation

No comments: